国王的演讲经典英语台词 国王的演讲 The

2023-06-21 21:17   geyange.com

国王的演讲经典英语台词

1. Queen Elizabeth: My husband's work involves a great deal of public speaking.

伊丽莎白王后:我丈夫的工作涉及大量公众演说。

Lionel Logue: Then he should change jobs.

莱昂纳尔·罗格医生:还是换个工作比较靠谱。

Queen Elizabeth: He can't.

伊丽莎白王后:能换早换了。

Lionel Logue: What is he, an indentured servant?

莱昂纳尔·罗格医生:难不成是个受人摆布的奴仆?

Queen Elizabeth: Something like that.

伊丽莎白王后:也差不多啦。

2. Logue: What was your earliest memory?

莱昂纳尔·罗格医生:你最早的记忆是什么?

King George VI: I'm not... -here to discuss... -personal matters.

乔治六世:我不是……到这里来讨论……个人隐私的。

Lionel Logue: Why are you here then?

莱昂纳尔·罗格医生:那你干嘛到这里来?

King George VI: Because I bloody well stammer!

乔治六世:因为我口吃得要死行了吧。

3. Lilibet: What's he saying? [watching a clip of Hitler speaking]

伊丽伯特:他在说什么?

King George VI: I don't know but... he seems to be saying it rather well.

乔治六世:我不知道,不过……貌似说得很有煽动力。

4. King George VI: [Logue is sitting on the coronation throne] Get up! Y-you can't sit there! GET UP!

乔治六世:给我起来!你不能坐哪儿!快起来。

Lionel Logue: Why not? It's a chair.

莱昂纳尔·罗格医生:为啥不行?不就是一椅子么。

King George VI: T-that... that is Saint Edward's chair.

乔治六世:呐……那……那是圣爱德华的椅子。

Lionel Logue: People have carved their names on it.

莱昂纳尔·罗格医生:人家都随便刻了名字上去了。

5. King George VI: L-listen to me... listen to me!

乔治六世:听……听我说……听我说!

Lionel Logue: Why should I waste my time listening to you?

莱昂纳尔·罗格医生:凭啥我要浪费时间听你说话?

King George VI: Because I have a voice!

乔治六世:就因为我说的话举足轻重。

Lionel Logue: ...yes, you do.

莱昂纳尔·罗格医生:……没错,的确如此。

6. King George VI: If I am King, where is my power? Can I declare war? Form a government? Levy a tax? No! And yet I am the seat of all authority because they think that when I speak, I speak for them.But I can't speak.

乔治六世:如果我是国王,我的权力又在哪里?我能宣战么?我能组建政府?提高税收?都不行!可我还是要出面坐头把交椅,就因为整个国家都相信…我的声音代表着他们。但我却说不来。

7. Lionel Logue: Please don't do that.

莱昂纳尔·罗格医生:请不要那样做。

King George VI: I'm sorry?

乔治六世:啥?

Lionel Logue: I believe sucking smoke into your lungs will kill you.

莱昂纳尔·罗格医生:抽烟吸到肺里相当于自杀。

King George VI: My physicians say it relaxes the throat.

乔治六世:我的医生说那样会放松喉部。

Lionel Logue: They're idiots.

莱昂纳尔·罗格医生:他们是白痴。

King George VI: They've all been knighted.

乔治六世:他们都被授了爵位了。

Lionel Logue: Makes it official then.

莱昂纳尔·罗格医生:那就是官方白痴咯。

8. Lionel Logue: Do you know any jokes?

King George VI: ...Timing isn't my strong suit.

莱诺·罗格:你会说笑话么?

乔治六世:……掌控时间,不是我强项。

9. My turf, my rules.

我的地盘,我做主。

10. Poor and content is rich and rich enough.

人能安贫就是富。

11. To be, or not to be, that is the question. Whether it's nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them. To die, to sleep, no more, and by a sleep to say we end The heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to, it's a consummation, devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep; To sleep, perchance to dream,-----For in that sleep of death what dreams may come, -----Must give us pause.

生存还是毁灭, 这是一个值得考虑的问题;是默默忍受命运的暴虐的毒箭,还是挺身反抗人世的无涯的苦难, 在奋斗中扫清那一切,这两种行为,哪一种更高贵? 死了,睡去了, 什么都完了;要是在这一种睡眠之中,我们心头的创痛,以及其他无数血肉之躯所不能避免的打击,都可以从此消失, 那正是我们求之不得的结局.死了, 睡去了;睡了也许还会做梦. 在那死的睡眠里,究竟将要做些什么梦,那不能不使我们踌躇顾虑.

12. I am a thistle-sifter, I have a sieve of sifted thistles, and a sieve of unsifted thistles, because I am a thistle sifter...

我筛选蓟草,我有个筛好蓟草的筛子,还有个没筛好蓟草的筛子,因为我要筛蓟草。

13. Now is a winter of our discontent, made glorious summer by this sun of York,and all the clouds that lour'd upon our house, in the deep bosom of the ocean buried, now are our brows bound with victorious wreaths.

现在我们严冬般的宿怨,已给这颗约克的红日照耀成为融融的夏景,那笼罩着我们王室的片片愁云,全都埋进了海洋深处,现在我们的额前已经戴上了胜利的花环。

14. Art thou afraid? Be not afraid, the isle is full of noises, sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not. Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments will hum about mine ears,and sometime voices, that, if I then had waked after long sleep, will make me sleep again: and then, in dreaming, the clouds me thought would open and show riches, ready to drop upon me that, when I waked, I cried to dream again.

你害怕吗?不要怕,这岛上充满了各种声音和悦耳的乐曲,使人听了愉快,不会伤害人。有时成千的叮叮咚咚的乐器在我耳边鸣响。有时在我酣睡醒来的时候,听见了那种歌声,又使我沉沉睡去;那时在梦中,便好像云端里开了门,无数珍宝要向我倾倒下来;当我醒来之后,我简直哭了起来,希望重新做一遍这样的梦。

15. I can cure your husband, but for my method to work, I need trust and total equality here in the safety of my consultation room, no exceptions.

我能治好您的丈夫,不过为了治疗有效,我需要在治疗室这里工作,得到真正的信任和平等对待,不能有例外。

16. For the present, the work to which we are all equally bound, is to arrive at a reasoned tranquility within our borders, to regain prosperity in this time of depression without self-seeking, and to carry with us those whom the burden of past years has disheartened or overborne,to all, to each, I wish a Happy Christmas, God bless you.

眼前的任务,由我们共同承担,努力寻求边疆的充分安定,在萧条的形式下重获国家繁荣,不在自私自利,努力帮助那些过去几年受苦的人们,我祝你们每一个人,圣诞快乐,上帝保佑你们。


文章版权声明:除非注明,否则均为格言阁原创文章,转载或复制请以超链接形式并注明出处。
取消